Week 8: Pikemacha and a pig head
This week I shaved my head again! If you thought it was short before then this will be a good surprise. It hasn't been this short since birth.
We had intercambios this week where we trade companions for a day. So a companionship from Huerca Lovera came over. Elder Gladwell was my companion. He's from California and came to Spain only one transfer ahead of me. So we did a lot of contacting even though we both only really know 5 words in Spanish. But we ended up talking to some cool African guys who spoke English so it's alright.
The next day we drove to Murcia for Zone Conference. It was special because we had a talent show for Christmas. Some of the best talents: Singing the drum boy song dressed as Santa and using a pig leg as a drum, re-enacting Nacho Libre as missionaries, and almost eating a banana, pepper, kiwi, cucumber, and a bag of lettuce in under 2 minutes. Also at zone conference they gave me 3 plates of paella. There were no crawfish this time so I wasn't too worried.
We had some interesting food this week though. We had a picnic with Alberto and he gave us a good variety of mystery meats. I wasn't really sure what I was eating but I'm used to that now. Also we went to Mario and Martas house and they gave us some authentic Bolivian food. It's Called Pikemacha and it's basically just French fries and meat and stuff. Really good.
This week we visited our friend Diana. We were talking to her in her kitchen and she had a pig head on the counter. I was like hey why do you have that pig head. She's like I'm gonna eat it. huh.
We also had a Christmas dinner with our branch this week! It was super fun and a lot of our investigators showed up which was super cool. They had every different food and we all ate and partied.
Every time when we're not partying or eating weird foods we are out on the streets. We knocked on a lot of doors this week and met some new people. We are also teaching a lot of lessons to people. We talk about God and the Book of Mormon and families. It's great and I love to meet new people all the time.
It's getting closer to Christmas, which is the only legit holiday they celebrate over here. I was disappointed when I found out that the Day of the Dead was only in Mexico. But they like to put up big lights and play Christmas music here so it's pretty fun. Some streets are really cool with lights and music and stores and people. But sometimes on the smaller darker roads you don't know if the guy in the hoodie will attack you or not. But I don't really worry too much because I can run faster than Elder Hernández.
Next week maybe I will just shave all my hair off and go bald! But I will get to Skype my family and maybe there will be a Christmas surprise in Lorca.
| Picnic |
The next day we drove to Murcia for Zone Conference. It was special because we had a talent show for Christmas. Some of the best talents: Singing the drum boy song dressed as Santa and using a pig leg as a drum, re-enacting Nacho Libre as missionaries, and almost eating a banana, pepper, kiwi, cucumber, and a bag of lettuce in under 2 minutes. Also at zone conference they gave me 3 plates of paella. There were no crawfish this time so I wasn't too worried.
We had some interesting food this week though. We had a picnic with Alberto and he gave us a good variety of mystery meats. I wasn't really sure what I was eating but I'm used to that now. Also we went to Mario and Martas house and they gave us some authentic Bolivian food. It's Called Pikemacha and it's basically just French fries and meat and stuff. Really good.
| Bolivian Food: Pikemacha |
This week we visited our friend Diana. We were talking to her in her kitchen and she had a pig head on the counter. I was like hey why do you have that pig head. She's like I'm gonna eat it. huh.
We also had a Christmas dinner with our branch this week! It was super fun and a lot of our investigators showed up which was super cool. They had every different food and we all ate and partied.
| Christmas Dinner |
Every time when we're not partying or eating weird foods we are out on the streets. We knocked on a lot of doors this week and met some new people. We are also teaching a lot of lessons to people. We talk about God and the Book of Mormon and families. It's great and I love to meet new people all the time.
It's getting closer to Christmas, which is the only legit holiday they celebrate over here. I was disappointed when I found out that the Day of the Dead was only in Mexico. But they like to put up big lights and play Christmas music here so it's pretty fun. Some streets are really cool with lights and music and stores and people. But sometimes on the smaller darker roads you don't know if the guy in the hoodie will attack you or not. But I don't really worry too much because I can run faster than Elder Hernández.
Next week maybe I will just shave all my hair off and go bald! But I will get to Skype my family and maybe there will be a Christmas surprise in Lorca.
Comments
Post a Comment