Week 36: First Zone meeting in the new mission

Hey guys. 

It's been a good week. We taught Juan, Juani, and Juanita. Also others. 

We had our first zone meeting as the New Madrid Mission, with our new president and his wife, the Busseys.  They are super awesome. From Washington, have some kids, like motorcycles and music and the outdoors. We had a great meeting where we learned a lot. Some things that I liked the most: 

Find joy in every day. It is there, we just have to find it. "men are, that they might have joy" (2 Nephi 2:25.) And we also talked about a hymn that we sung. "I Know That My Redeemer Lives," in Spanish it says, "El vive, mi amigo fiel." My faithful friend. He is our friend. It reminded me of another scripture. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13-15.) 

This meeting was special because we get a new president, a new mission, new missionaries and some missionaries going home. Elder Wiseman my companion gave his farewell testimony, as well as Elder Bushman from my district. And now that I am a part of the Madrid Mission, I have some new old friends in my mission from college and the mtc. I'm excited about that. And I'm really excited to keep moving forward and see where I am taken. 

Elder Palazzo




 New Mission President:   Pres. Philip K. and Cathy Bussey

Philip Kevin Bussey, 61, and Cathy Hafen Bussey, three children, Duthie Hill Ward, Bellevue Washington Stake: Spain Madrid Mission, succeeding President Kevin B. Pack and Sister Cindy A. Pack. Brother Bussey serves as a seminary teacher and temple sealer and is a former Area Seventy, stake president, bishop, stake Young Men president, multistake public affairs director, stake mission president, and missionary in the Argentina Cordoba Mission. Born in Porterville, California, to John Warren Bussey and Anne Edith Rogers.
Sister Bussey serves as a seminary teacher and is a former ward Relief Society president, ward Young Women president and presidency counselor, nursery leader, and Primary teacher. Born in Mount Pleasant, Utah, to David Larsen Hafen and Carolyn Blain Hafen.

Mission Office Contact Information:

La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días
Misión España Madrid


The Madrid Mission office phone:
+34  916-237-030
The Madrid Mission office email:


Comments