Hi everybody it's Elder Palazzo--now I live in Madrid. I got a call last Monday that I was being emergency transferred here, because another Elder had to go home early, so I moved 2 days later and now I'm here! The first Elder from the Málaga mission to merge in with the Madrid mission.
 |
| Goodbye, Jaen Cathedral |
 |
| The Last Supper |
So it's been an insane last week, saying goodbye to everyone in Jaén, packing all my things and leaving, to arriving in Alcorcón, and getting a new apartment and companion and place and ward and everything. But I like it a lot. The new apartment is good, I had to do another deep clean, home makeover but that has become tradition for me. And its pretty nice. We have ac, and we live in a good spot right off of main street. It was meant for 4 elders so there's quite a bit of room. We're in a branch and it's really good. I've been able to meet a lot of them so far and there's a lot more youth.
My companion is from Utah because there always has to be one in the companionship from Utah ;-) I have met a lot of the members here and a lot of the people already, and I know it's gonna be a great time. The other missionaries are great too, I have been reunited with some MTC guys and some others are close by. It's a lot different being so close to a big city. A lot of metros and trains and things, and a lot more people. I'm super excited for the time I'll spend here.
For my first pday, I had to take the first opportunity I had to travel to Toledo and look at all of the swords from LOTR. (Lord of the Rings) So we headed down in the morning and did a little hike to see the whole city.
 |
| Candid rock pic |
 |
| Hiking is good |
Toledo is basically a really old city that is known for sword making. They have every sword you could ever think of. So there's a million shops and they all have a million swords. We went in them all and held the swords, took pictures with the swords, battled with the swords, and then got kicked out.
 |
| Sword of Laban vs. Captain Moroni |
 |
| Check out all these swords |
 |
| "It has been remade" |
They also have a lot of other things like jewelry, leather bags, and fine china. As well as a really old really big cathedral. So there are basically 100 times as many things to do for pday here.
 |
| Hello, Toledo Cathedral |
 |
| Thumb heads |
Next week we might drive down to Málaga for a beach day. See you then!
Elder Palazzo
Comments
Post a Comment