Week 46: Storm troopers, Spanish sushi, and dodging lil kisses
Hey Boys! its me again with another week of life and crazy loco things in Spain.
First of all, the parties are back. Everyone's back from summer vacation and things are getting interesting. It all started walking home one night, and out of nowhere, a storm trooper walks past us. I was like huh didn't know the clone wars started already. Then we heard the music. We stumbled upon an orchestra playing the star wars soundtrack. And a sea of star wars characters. They had all kinds, rebels AND aliens. It was nuts. We talked to a couple Jedi and then ran away before the empire got there.
Other news: we had Spanish sushi this week. The biggest difference about Spanish sushi compared to regular sushi, is that when you eat it, you're in Spain. It's great also they have the spiciest spice Wasabi I've ever even seen. I ate it and my head exploded.
Our branch president fed us tocido, which is literally just a chunk of pig fat. It tastes really really good if you are a fan of eating pig fat. but if not I would not recommend.
People have tried to kiss my face a lot here. Not because of my pleasing cheeks but because it is custom here when people greet to give lil kisses on the cheek. So I have to dodge them and stick my hand out for a handshake. I was in the town over for exchanges and we were in a family home evening activity with a bunch of people. One was a new lady and she totally went in for the besito. Like hand on my side and everything and I literally had to dodge it and stick my hand out for the handshake haha. It always confuses people because they are used to doing it and they think we're weird. But all of the other missionaries were watching and it was extremely cringey and awkward but super funny.
We played fútbol in the rain this week. If you thought normal sports like shuffleboard or badminton were intense, just wait until you see rain fútbol.
People news: All of our friends are finally getting back from vacation so things are picking up a lot more. We're teaching a returned missionary lady who went inactive soon after she returned 15 years ago. We were able to bear our testimonies to her and she decided to begin reading the Book of Mormon again. We're teaching a recent convert guy named Harold from Venezuela. Except he looks like an Eskimo or something he's tall skinny white and blonde. Idk what Eskimos look like actually but that's what I imagine. But his wife is not a member and we've been getting her involved in some things too and it's great to see them progressing.
We've been finding a ton of people through our English class as well. Sometimes people don't want the English class because their "english well already be, classes no help us". And other excuses like that. But other people like them and we invite them to other things too.
Things are well, it's getting colder and the time is flying by.
Ciao,
Elder Palazzo
First of all, the parties are back. Everyone's back from summer vacation and things are getting interesting. It all started walking home one night, and out of nowhere, a storm trooper walks past us. I was like huh didn't know the clone wars started already. Then we heard the music. We stumbled upon an orchestra playing the star wars soundtrack. And a sea of star wars characters. They had all kinds, rebels AND aliens. It was nuts. We talked to a couple Jedi and then ran away before the empire got there.
Other news: we had Spanish sushi this week. The biggest difference about Spanish sushi compared to regular sushi, is that when you eat it, you're in Spain. It's great also they have the spiciest spice Wasabi I've ever even seen. I ate it and my head exploded.
Our branch president fed us tocido, which is literally just a chunk of pig fat. It tastes really really good if you are a fan of eating pig fat. but if not I would not recommend.
People have tried to kiss my face a lot here. Not because of my pleasing cheeks but because it is custom here when people greet to give lil kisses on the cheek. So I have to dodge them and stick my hand out for a handshake. I was in the town over for exchanges and we were in a family home evening activity with a bunch of people. One was a new lady and she totally went in for the besito. Like hand on my side and everything and I literally had to dodge it and stick my hand out for the handshake haha. It always confuses people because they are used to doing it and they think we're weird. But all of the other missionaries were watching and it was extremely cringey and awkward but super funny.
We played fútbol in the rain this week. If you thought normal sports like shuffleboard or badminton were intense, just wait until you see rain fútbol.
People news: All of our friends are finally getting back from vacation so things are picking up a lot more. We're teaching a returned missionary lady who went inactive soon after she returned 15 years ago. We were able to bear our testimonies to her and she decided to begin reading the Book of Mormon again. We're teaching a recent convert guy named Harold from Venezuela. Except he looks like an Eskimo or something he's tall skinny white and blonde. Idk what Eskimos look like actually but that's what I imagine. But his wife is not a member and we've been getting her involved in some things too and it's great to see them progressing.
We've been finding a ton of people through our English class as well. Sometimes people don't want the English class because their "english well already be, classes no help us". And other excuses like that. But other people like them and we invite them to other things too.
Things are well, it's getting colder and the time is flying by.
Ciao,
Elder Palazzo


Comments
Post a Comment