Week 48: Don't forget your cloak!
Hello friends and family and Enrique if you're out there.
Time flies! I never thought I'd reach week 112 but here I am. Thanks for all the support. It's been a wild past couple weeks just like always huh. First of all they shipped me a new companion because my last one was out of batteries. The new ones name is Elder Grondel. GronDÉL not GRÓNdel. ok. He's got a couple transfers in the mission so he's still learning the language and what not. I mean we're always still learning the language. I spent the first part of my mission centering my vocab on the botany of ancient Spain so now I'm trying to focus a little more on gospel terms and such. He's a cool guy and plays the guitar so we might come out with a new hit single soon. We were thinking of a title like "Escalera al cielo" or something.
This week a not much of a surprise happened, we stumbled upon another procession. A bunch of people with trumpets and cloaks walking around. I could have fit in but it was the ONE DAY, that I left my cloak at home. That is why they should inform us before hand!
Other news is the besitos have come in full force since the last email. I think I may have accidentally triggered something or forgot to knock on wood or something. But at least 4 different ladies have attempted to put their lips on my face. I received some good advice from the fam of putting my hand on their face and I've found that that works the best.
Transfers have been interesting and we have some new guys in our district. I ate some Burger King as I waited for my new comp at the train station for like 6 hours. I also saw a lot of my old friends that I hadn't seen for years. Reminds me of this scripture in Alma 17: "Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord". It had been 14 years since Alma had left his friends, and when they ran into each other again he was happy to see his friends. And even more happy that they were still strong in the gospel, had developed and progressed and become even stronger than they were before. Alma was out almost as long as I have been, and I feel similar when I see my friends again, especially when I can see that they have grown. I encourage you to read the whole chapter, it's a good one.
Being a district leader is interesting. I've got a really good district and most of them are cool and do everything they're supposed to. I don't like to be the one that has to correct people but I have to sometimes.. Other than leading our district its just a lot of meetings and stuff. Extra responsibilty. I like being free but I think it's ok to be a district leader for a bit. I am enjoying the time, but more importantly I'm learning a lifetime's worth of things like how to change into who I want to be.
watch your six,
Elder Palazzo
p.s. about siesta time... We have 1.5 for lunch, which includes cooking eating and cleaning, so unless we're lucky we don't have time to throw a siesta in there. Also, siestas here is NOT a good thing. One of the reasons why Spain is falling behind other countries is because they are lazy.
p.s. about siesta time... We have 1.5 for lunch, which includes cooking eating and cleaning, so unless we're lucky we don't have time to throw a siesta in there. Also, siestas here is NOT a good thing. One of the reasons why Spain is falling behind other countries is because they are lazy.
![]() |
| Church building in Alcorcon |

Comments
Post a Comment