Week 61: Feliz Navidad from Spain!

Hey there friends family girls and guys. 

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Except last night was not a silent night, people were throwing around a bunch of big firecrackers. But I do think I dreamed of a white Christmas. There's no snow outside, but it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. It's been a great season this year and we've been able to do a lot of fun activities. We had the Christmas Carol activity where Santa Claus came to town with his elf and we sung to the people on the street. It was funny because you could totally hear the jingle bells on my elf hat. This week we had an activity in the church with all the people. We decked the halls with decorations and it really was a joy to the world. ALL of our friends came. There was a talent show with lot's of great talents like singing and playing the piano and skits. We drank hot chocolate and ate cake afterwards. It's come to a good end. We ate with some of our friends yesterday, opened our presents, and today we get to talk to our families! I'm excited but next year I'll be home for Christmas. 

Great group of guys

Christmas Dinner with Rolando Padre

Ilumina el Mundo 
Birthday Guys

Temple Guys
Other news: Yesterday we received a call. That I am leaving Alcorcón after 3 years. I'll move to Córdoba this Thursday! It's very bittersweet. It's gonna be hard to leave, but a good change. There aren't really words to explain. 

More news, a week ago, I broke my neck. Surprise mom! I woke up to the alarm in the morning, moved my bod, and something popped in my neck. After that I was unable to move my head to the left. So I walked into the other room with my head bent all the way to the right. I told Elder G, "I think there's something wrong with my body." Turns out it was a spine fracture. Haha jk I just pulled a muscle really bad in my neck. But don't worry it's almost better now and I shouldn't have to use a wheelchair next week. 

News: we had our special Christmas zone conference! It was a normal morning and then later we had a talent show. Turns out that missionaries have a lot of cool talents! Like almost being able to do magic tricks. There were other skits with singing and a little drummer boy. It was a lot of fun especially because all of the zones of Madrid were there, and I saw a lot of my friends. 

Conference Guys
I gave a talk this Christmas Sunday, about service and charity. I always learn a lot of new things when I give talks. There is one quote from David A. Bednar that I want to share about charity. [Charity] "is  demonstrated  by  looking  and  reaching  outward  when the  natural and  instinctive  response  is  to  be  self-absorbed  and  turn inward." This was the message of the talk, that we can help people when we might need help, comfort others when we need comfort feed others when we are hungry. That we can forget about ourselves even when we are suffering and turn outwards to others. Jesus Christ was the perfect example of that, from the little town of Bethlehem, to the end of his life. Not thinking of himself, but in the needs of others. I invite you to do the same, because it will make your life better. 

OK bye!
Have Yourself a Merry little Christmas
Elder Palazzo


Comments