Week 72: Día de amor, Día del campo, and a few movie references...
Hello my tios! These past couple weeks have been really really normal. Haha nothing too crazy has happened.
We've had a couple activities in our branch here in Córdoba. The first one was for the "día de amor" (love day?) Anyways, it was not a romantic love but a friendly missionary type love. We wrote cards for people and we also played a whole bunch of games. love games. haha just kidding they were really normal games. One of them was like a trivia test, two people would face each other, and the person who lost the trivia question got a plate of whipped cream to the face. So our friend Córdoba came. Not the city Córdoba but the person named Córdoba. He's a real big guy with a lot of energy and he always calls me Micheal. I think I finally deciphered why he calls me Michael. He thinks I look like Channing Tatum from 21 Jump Street, and apparently his name is Michael in that movie or something? Anyways, during our love activity my friend Córdoba wanted to challenge me in the trivia contest. The theme was Bible things. And also futbol things. And there were three rounds. Little did he know that I know the Bible not like the back of my hand. But nevertheless, I beat him in all three rounds and got to smash his face with some whipped cream. Then he caught me with my guard down and smashed my face with whipped cream too. All out of love.
Our other activity was a "Día del campo" or a field day I guess? We had a little cookout with the branch and played outside games and such. We played a lot of little games like an egg on a spoon race and that kind of thing. But when in Spain, every game that you ever play eventually evolves back into soccer. Always.
We have a cool new friend named Victor. We've been able to teach him a few times and he's super great. He believes in Odinism. In other words he believes that Thor's dad, Odin, is god. I mean most of the stuff he believes is relatively similar to us, just with different names and such. We were teaching him the other day in a park, and this Nigerian man came up to us freaking out a bit. Said that his boss was looking for him because he did something bad. Needed money to escape Córdoba so they didn't catch him. I smelled something fishy and made some business calls and we decided it would be best not to get involved in a situation like that. Also we don't even have money. So after a whole bunch of trying to figure out the situation, we told him the situation. That we can't get involved in that neither do we have money. He slowly stood up and started walking away with a smirk on his face. He had been lying the whole time! Made up the whole story to try and rob us money. "do you know my name?" he asked us. I said, "uhh yeah?" and then he walked away into the sunset. We continued and had a great rest of our lesson.
We had Stake conference recently I got to see all of my buds. Also transfers just happened, and basically the whole mission is changing except our district, since we're all training. But a lot of old friends are coming to the zone! And enemies... you know who you are.
Other quick news: we did some service the other day picking oranges for our friend in his field. He gave us probably like 100 oranges that we have in our apartment. And our menos activo friend Abraham is coming back to church! Super great guy very sincere and nice. Taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ the other day. Shared with him Helaman 5:122. Great scripture, very true and good. If our foundation is built on Jesus Christ, we cannot fall. There's another scripture in John 7:17. Says "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." It's like an equation. I forgot all my math skills so I can't explain it in math terms but, if we live the gospel of Jesus Christ, we will not fall. And also, we will know that it is of God. But if we don't live it, we can't know. And we will fall.
Elder Palazzo
![]() |
| Flower Street |
![]() |
| The Roman bridge |
Our other activity was a "Día del campo" or a field day I guess? We had a little cookout with the branch and played outside games and such. We played a lot of little games like an egg on a spoon race and that kind of thing. But when in Spain, every game that you ever play eventually evolves back into soccer. Always.
![]() |
| Just a bunch of campo guys |
We had Stake conference recently I got to see all of my buds. Also transfers just happened, and basically the whole mission is changing except our district, since we're all training. But a lot of old friends are coming to the zone! And enemies... you know who you are.
![]() |
| Stake Conference Bus Party |
Elder Palazzo
![]() |
| Twilight (the movie): but with missionaries |
![]() |
| There is sushi in Spain, too! |






Comments
Post a Comment