Week 10: Happy New Year!


Hello and Happy New Year! 

All of the year 2018 will be spent on the mission. Maybe by the end I will actually know how to speak Spanish. I have already learned so much from the first 12 months of my mission. I think that's how long it's been but I can remember for sure. But I can't even imagine how much more I will learn this year and all  of the people I will get to know and opportunities I will have. 

For new years here people do fireworks and eat grapes. The last 12 seconds of the year, you are supposed to eat 12 grapes. We didn't have any grapes so we used chicken wings instead. And theres a lot of fireworks. The fireworks are so big you can't tell if it's a bomb or a firework when you're walking down the street. But don't worry just fireworks here. 
"Wing boys"
New Year's Eve Dinner

We taught a lot of people this week, new and old. My Spanish has actually progressed quite a bit and I can understand most of what people say. We have a lot of investigators who are progressing, and it's great to see them accepting the gospel into their lives. I have seen first hand how doing this can truly complete people. 

Elder Palazzo

Comments