Week 11: They have Dominoes in Spain!

This week was a blast. We had intercambios with the zone leaders in Murcia, where we trade companions for a day. I was with Elder Krummenacher who is a level 50 missionary and only has 6 months left in the mission. We did a lot of contacting and found so many cool people! We talked to a rare Chilean man (only 20 in Murcia), some Ecuadorians, a Spanish guy and his son and we took out the trash for a nice Bolivian woman. We taught Jon, who is a young Puerto Rican who is getting his masters in biology. He wanted us to translate some scientific biology reports but it turns out they were more difficult than translating Spanish. So instead we taught him about the Sacrament and Jesus. 

We were back in Lorca later in the week, and they were having a parade for the Kings Day, which is basically just an extension of Christmas. So there were thousands of people lined up on the side of the street waiting for the parade. Me and Elder Hernández had an appointment to get to, so we just walked down the empty street with a million people watching us on each side. I felt famous--it was fun. 

There isn't much to do on Pday so we found this authentic Spanish pizza restaurant. It's called Dominoes I guess it's just a Spanish thing. They give you unlimited pizza so we had 3. 

We taught a lot of new people this week that just came out of nowhere. Cesar is an older man who look like a Latino version of my friend Kevin. He's friends with Wilfredo and snuck up behind us during a lesson so we taught him too. Jackson is Jomaira and Melanies brother. He's 26, and they are 15 ish. Jackson also walked in during a lesson and we invited him to stay so he did. They usually laugh at my Spanish but I just say "Lo siento soy un sencillo vaquero de Tejas." Also found Mohammed, who is friends with Israel. We went to teach Israel and Mohammed was there too and we ended up having a good talk about religion. After we left it was pouring rain. I was hoping to have a dramatic moment where I fall on my knees and scream really loud but I didn't feel like it. Maybe later in the mission. 

Elder Palazzo

3rd Pizza at Dominoes

Israel and the boys

Comments