Week 13: Stranded
Hola a la gente. This week was un poco loco. We had zone conference and got some cool new smartphones! So now we can contact people through snapchat and clash of clans. Haha jk but we can use whatsapp, and facebook. They also fed us paella again. This time I only had 2 plates but my record is 3.
Earlier in the week we were on our way back from an appointment in Aguilas. We were riding the train, and the big ticket man came around. We told him the ticket machine in Aguilas didn't work, so we could just pay back in Lorca. He said no lo siento then kicked us off the train in the middle of nowhere. So we got stranded in this tiny pueblo called Jaravia. It's got about 4 houses and a little church. The ticket machine didn't work there either, so we ended up having to wait a few hours for a member to pick us up and save our lives. It kinda reminded me of the movie "Holes" because we were just stuck in the wilderness for a few hours eating some sausage. Eventually we made it back.
Another day we accidentally locked our keys in the apartment. We tried for like an hour to pick the lock or find another key, or anything. Our last hope was either to take a train all the way to Murcia, or climb out the window. So guess who climbed out the window. Surprise it was me! All of my years of parkour practice have prepared me for that moment. I climbed out the window on the second floor, and scaled the inside of our building all the way to our little balcony, and luckily the door was open. It was fun but I think the neighbors might have though I was a burglar or something. Oops.
There was a young single adult activity this week, karaoke night. So it was the perfect opportunity to invite some of our young investigators. Israel and his brother Daniel came, and also Muhammed and Jackson. None of us performed karaoke, but we all sang along and cheered along the others. It was pretty great and they think it's funny when I try to sing songs in Spanish.
I was ironing my shirt one day and accidentally knocked the iron off the table. So I went to catch it and forgot that irons are hot. So I got I nice iron print on my hand and a good sizzling sound too. A warning to everyone: don't catch irons.
This week we taught a lot of people. I taught my 11 year old friend Sneider a little bit about the Book of Mormon and faith. We also taught Jomaira, and Melanie, and Jackson, and some others. We had family home evening with Gesenya and her family, and watched a really cool video. It's about a man and his dog who get their truck stuck in the snow in the mountains. He says a prayer, that help will come. Instead of simply waiting there for help, he spends the whole day cutting and gathering wood. When the day is over, no help has come. So he says another prayer, and his truck is freed. And he has filled his truck with wood. This is an amazing example of trials. We all have difficulties all the time during our lives and God knows this. He could simply make them disappear, but he wants us to grow. He could have freed the mountain man's truck the first prayer, but then the man wouldn't have any wood. God will give us all we need to get through our trials, to help us grow and learn, but we have to do our part as well, which is to give all that we can. We shared that with Gesenyas family and then they gave us enchiladas. Here is a Link to the video.
This was a great week and I am excited for what is to come and the things I will learn!
Earlier in the week we were on our way back from an appointment in Aguilas. We were riding the train, and the big ticket man came around. We told him the ticket machine in Aguilas didn't work, so we could just pay back in Lorca. He said no lo siento then kicked us off the train in the middle of nowhere. So we got stranded in this tiny pueblo called Jaravia. It's got about 4 houses and a little church. The ticket machine didn't work there either, so we ended up having to wait a few hours for a member to pick us up and save our lives. It kinda reminded me of the movie "Holes" because we were just stuck in the wilderness for a few hours eating some sausage. Eventually we made it back.
| Study time |
| Jaravia |
| Abandoned train stop |
| Stranded. |
![]() |
| Google maps view of our address. The building is shaped like a donut, and I was on the inside. |
I was ironing my shirt one day and accidentally knocked the iron off the table. So I went to catch it and forgot that irons are hot. So I got I nice iron print on my hand and a good sizzling sound too. A warning to everyone: don't catch irons.
This week we taught a lot of people. I taught my 11 year old friend Sneider a little bit about the Book of Mormon and faith. We also taught Jomaira, and Melanie, and Jackson, and some others. We had family home evening with Gesenya and her family, and watched a really cool video. It's about a man and his dog who get their truck stuck in the snow in the mountains. He says a prayer, that help will come. Instead of simply waiting there for help, he spends the whole day cutting and gathering wood. When the day is over, no help has come. So he says another prayer, and his truck is freed. And he has filled his truck with wood. This is an amazing example of trials. We all have difficulties all the time during our lives and God knows this. He could simply make them disappear, but he wants us to grow. He could have freed the mountain man's truck the first prayer, but then the man wouldn't have any wood. God will give us all we need to get through our trials, to help us grow and learn, but we have to do our part as well, which is to give all that we can. We shared that with Gesenyas family and then they gave us enchiladas. Here is a Link to the video.
This was a great week and I am excited for what is to come and the things I will learn!
Elder Palazzo

Comments
Post a Comment