Week 65: 12 Grapes for New Year's

Hello world its me. 
It's been a good rato since the last time I wrote a thing. I've been here in Córdoba for more than 3 weeks now. They surprised me the first Sunday with a talk wooo! I talked about missionary work pretty abstract topic, huh. 

On New Years we were allowed to stay up until midnight to eat grapes. That's a thing here, the last 12 seconds of the year you eat 12 grapes. Our apartment probably has the best view in the mission, so when we stayed up on New Years, we had a view of like 3 different firework shows. It was a good moment. 
Happy New Year!
The view is much better in person!
I've spent the past 3 weeks fixing our apartment, now it's a 5 star airbnb trust me. We've spent a lot of time getting to know the people here, our friends, the members, people in the street. We went to one friend's house in a very sketchy part of town. Walked into his house and halfway through the discussion I realized that he had a live eagle in the corner. Pretty cool I'm gonna try and touch it next time.

Something cool about Córdoba is that there is a Mesquita (mosque) across the street from our apartment. It's surrounded by an old stone wall, pretty much like a big ancient fortress. You can go in and walk around and they just filled all the old buildings and stuff with stores and whatnot. It's kind of like walking into an old fortress and you go and get a burger or something. 

There was a random parade just like old times! We were in the church and then everyone started freaking out and running out to the main street. A bunch of big floats started coming down the street and threw candy at everyone. It was for the holiday of the kings, the ones that gave Jesus presents I think. 

I had another Zone conference because I was transferred in the middle of the transfer. It was a Christmas conference, which means talent show. I think destiny was giving me a second chance to do something cool, so my district and I made a band and sang a song in front of all the missionaries. It was pretty great, our next concert is next week. 

The Music Touchers 
meetings!
Zone conference--can you find me?
In other news, Elder Vila is leaving Córdoba. And I get a brand new missionary! That's right, I'm pregnant. I pick up my child this Thursday. Pretty sad that Elder Vila my chileno is leaving me especially after only 3 weeks. But I'm really excited for new adventures! I have no idea who my new comp will be but I'll let you know. 

Elder Palazzo
Goodby Elder Vila
Angel y Amalia!

Comments