Week 2: My Goal For The Week

Its been a good week--viva España. Last pday we went to Plaza del Sol and went shopping and sightseeing. My goal was to make all the Spaniards believe I was Spanish. And it worked. You just have to say hola and gracias. 

On Saturday at the park elder Peterson from Norway was my companion. We gave away 11 Books of Mormon! I think that's a new record probably. It was great. We talked to a family with an elementary girl who spoke English, a group of college girls, a girl from China, an old Spanish man who traveled the world, and some people from Holland. 

Spanish is great fun and we get to learn all 14 tenses! My Spanish accent is fine but it's more fun to copy my companions California Spanish accent. 

This week at lunch something terrible happened. I was peeling my Clementine like usual. I looked closer as I was about to put a slice in my mouth and there was something moving. There were WORMS! I kinda freaked out and ran away. I now have ptsd and can never eat a Clementine again. I usually get triggered by the color orange or anything round. Especially basketballs. 

We play fútbol everyday and some Spaniards usually play too. They always pick me first because I'm a tall American, but little do they know I'm actually terrible at fútbol. Its still fun though I've only broken a couple of toes. 

My Spanish teachers hardly speak any English so I always have to teach them things like the difference between secret and sacred. 

Today we are going to a museum for pday and get to see a dead girl named Lucy! I will update you on how she is doing next week. 

Love Elder Palazzo

We didn't know this cost money...

Plaza Del Sol



Chapa


Madrid Temple 





Comments