Week 4: Haircut and other CCM happenings

For my subscribers: 

In a few more days I'll hit my one year mark! Just about three hundred and something more. I shaved my head this week. Any part of me that was left is now gone. My hair probably hasn't been this short since I was born.

We went to the park this week and my companion was Anziano Di Liberto! He's a new guy from Italy. He speaks a bit of English and is serving in the Rome mission! I told him hey my brother went there and he said wow cool. All the French left last week and we got some new guys from Russia,  Italy and you'll never believe it but Utah! Anyways the park was great. It was a tough day but we tried our best and that made it good. We talked to a family from Columbia, an old Spaniard who only spoke Spanish, a girl with a saxophone (I asked if she knew George Michael), some guy at a birthday party, and Juan again who is always smoking a cigar in the same place.

The CCM is great. We still have meals of mystery meat and fried surprises and potatoes. We continue learning Spanish grammar each day and teaching skills. I convinced our teachers to let us play ultimate Frisbee, a sport that I am not terrible at. It was a lot of fun but all of the Hermanas are afraid of me because I'm tall and they think I'll fall on them or hit them in the face. Which I have but it wasn't on purpose. The days are slow but the weeks are fast. We have been trying to get to know our practice investigators better so we share more about our lives. I say I'm from Texas and that I'm a vaquero who likes to ride horses. And my companion has a pet fish named Ralph.

Today for pday we are going to a Spanish mall. The thing about Spanish malls is that instead of speaking English like an American mall, they speak Spanish. But I have been practicing my Hola and Gracias a lot so I think I'll be able to fit in well.

Elder Palazzo

Cathedral

Sun in my eyes

Photobomb

Photogenic

Fountain of Youth





McSpain

Madrid Temple 


Comments