Skip to main content
Week 5: McPollo to the rescue
My last week in the MTC wow. My time here has been great. I've learned more Spanish in 6 weeks than I would have in 7 weeks of school! I plan on being fluent at least 2 years from now. I've made some great friends and it'll be tough to leave. No longer will we play fruit ninja at lunch or have banana eating contests or sing the LOTR soundtrack at night. (if anyone has real music pls send it to me). I had amazing teachers who mostly only spoke Spanish. They teach me all the important words like "Gordito" and "escalofriante". I've even learned some Russian words like "placebo" which means hello I think. We officially added Frisbee to the sports list so everyone that comes to the Spain MTC for the rest of time can thank me for that.
The highlight of my week was experiencing a McPollo from McDonald's. Also when we were at the mall we found a pet store with Spanish hamsters, Spanish fish and Spanish bunnies. The only other fun thing on p-day was fitting 50 missionaries on a bus for an hour.
 |
| McPollo |
 |
| McSpain |
 |
| Testing Reflexes |
This week at the park my companion was Elder Taylor from Utah! He's awesome and is going to Ukraine so he speaks mostly Russian. We talked to some music guys on the metro. Some extremely nice people from Denmark. Some rad teenagers. Guy with a dog. A cool guy from England and his friends from all over Europe. And this fútbol coach guy talked to us for like 30 minutes at the metro but only wanted to talk about fútbol haha. I don't know anything about fútbol.
I was volunteered to lead the music in church and I don't know anything about that either. The hermanas in my district secretly made the hand movements for me to copy while they sat in the congregation. We have a goal to only speak spanish on the floor where we have class. If anyone speaks English they get a point, and the person with the most points doesn't get their tablet the next day. Yesterday only one English word was spoken. It was "stinky".
The MTC has been amazing and I've learned so much more than just Spanish. I've learned a ton about people and work and the gospel. This time next week I will be in a new place with a new companion and new people. It will be hard but I've never been more happy.
Love Elder Palazzo
 |
| Los Companeros |
 |
| Dia de Gracias |
Comments
Post a Comment